EVIT is once again offering summer school options to students who plan to attend EVIT in the Fall (to both incoming 1st and 2nd-year students). Here are a few key provisions, some of which are changes from last year:
- EVIT is offering Government and Economics again this summer. The courses will be offered at the Main Campus, but will only be offered at the East Campus if there is enough demand.
- The courses are approved to fulfill the government/economics graduation requirements at most of our sending school districts.
- The courses are taught by highly qualified social studies teachers and will include guest lectures from high-profile, relevant speakers.
- The dates for summer school are as follows:
- Economics: June 7 through June 27
- Government: July 10 through July 27
- Classes will be Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Applications for both summer school options are due by April 28, but submitting an application before this date does not guarantee a spot in either summer program. Funds are limited, and applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Scholarship Requirements for Districts:
- School district must be in the EVIT JTED.
- School district must accept American Government & Economics credit from courses taught at EVIT during 2017 summer sessions.
- Scholarship Requirements for Students:
- Students must be enrolled in a high school in the EVIT JTED.
- The student must be enrolled/accepted for the 2017-18 school year in an EVIT program.
- Applications are due no later than April 28, 2017. The deadline does not guarantee funding or acceptance.
- The scholarship program may only be used at the sending district summer schools. Courses taken using this scholarship must fulfill a graduation requirement (non-elective) in the student's home district.
- Both programs are available only to students who have not yet graduated and are coming to EVIT in the Fall.
- Students who take advantage of either EVIT summer school option and do not enroll at EVIT in the Fall or pass the summer school class will be required to reimburse the EVIT school district for the costs of their course(s).
Please contact call 480-461-4000 for more details.