EVIT is once again offering summer school options to students who plan to attend EVIT in the Fall (to both incoming 1st and 2nd-year students). Here are a few key provisions, some of which are changes from last year:
- EVIT is offering Government and Economics again this summer. The courses will be offered at Main, but will only be offered at East if there is enough demand.
- The courses are approved to fulfill the government/economics graduation requirements at each of our sending districts except Mesa, Chandler and Queen Creek.
- The courses are taught by highly qualified social studies teachers and will include guest lectures from high-profile, relevant speakers.
- The dates of the program are June 6-June 23 for session 1 and July 5-July 25 for session 2 (class is only M-Th).
- Applications for both summer school options are due by 4/29, but submitting an application before this date does not guarantee a spot in either summer program. Funds are limited, and applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The scholarship program may only be used at the sending district summer schools. Courses taken using this scholarship must fulfill a graduation requirement (non-elective) in the student's home district.
- Both programs are available only to students who have not yet graduated and are coming to EVIT in the Fall.
- Students who take advantage of either EVIT summer school option and do not matriculate to EVIT in the Fall will be required to reimburse the district for the costs of their course(s).
Please contact the Admissions Office at 480-461-4108 for more details.